The process of how to download PlayStation 2 games to DVR doesn’t have to be a tough one. It is actually relatively easy and is only a 3 step process (read the game, patch it and then burn the game).
1) Firstly, you need to insert game into your CD drive.
2) Next, you will need to open up the CDRWIN (a complete CD Burner software) program and click on the extract disk/tracks/sectors button.
3) Make sure that your settings are as follows:
You need to select disk image/ cue sheet for the “extract mode”
Select “raw” for “read options”
Select “abort” for the “error recovery”
Select “auto” for “jitter correction”
For “subcode analysis” select “auto”
Audio Speed and Data Speed need to be the same
Type 0 for “read retry count”
Type 300 for “sub-code threshold”
Select the correct drive that you have your PS2 game in.
Type the name of the game for your file name and choose the directory that you are putting that file in and press start.
If you are using a disk that is scratched, you may get an error code that will come up in the middle of reading the disk will say something to the effect of “can’t read sections xxxx-xxxxx of disk”, because the CDRWIN cannot read it. You can try cleaning the disk, but if that will not work, you may have to use a different copy of the PS2 game.
4) Click OK and exit once CDRWIN is done and open up the patcher for PS2, selecting the game file you just made and patch it using the “RAW” option.
5) Next, close the patcher for PS2 and open up Fireburner and click the button for the visual cue burner. A ‘.cue’ file should automatically have been created when you made the .bin file or the game file in CDRWIN. You will need to drag and drop the ‘.cue’ file to the Fireburner window. If you cannot locate the ‘.cue’ file, you can drag and drop the ‘.bin’ file into the Fireburner and right click on your file in the Fireburner window, selecting the “Burn/Test burn”.
6) Select your CD writer in the options window and choose your writing speed. You want select TOA – “Track at once” for your recording method. Check the “eject CD” and the “close session” choices located at the right of the options window. Last, but not least, click OK and your PS2 game will begin to burn.
That should rightfully teach you how to download PlayStation 2 games to DVR – Enjoy!